Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Custom alignment specs?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Hermon
State
ME
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody 6m
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 6300 miles
Pirelli P-zero 305/35R20 in front
Nitto NT05 315/35R20 in the rear

Car doesn't pull to either side on smooth pavement, but will dart when driving over ruts and imperfections in the pavement. All my vehicles do this to some extent, but it's quite pronounced in this car, and bothersome to say the least. Basically handles like a snowmobile with too much ski pressure. I know these cars have quite a bit of negative camber from the factory; both the front tires are wearing more unevenly on the inside. Are there custom alignment specs for this car? Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find much by searching.
TIA,
David

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Most often the factory spec range for caster, camber and toe are used as the reference, then modified as available to suit driving conditions desired.

Aftermarket suspension parts like those from AAD offer many degrees of adjustment to dial in the specs chosen

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It it’s wearing on the inside and it’s darty as you describe, it sounds like you may have a toe out condition. That’s adjustable. You will want a slight toe in for stability.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
I had the same problem with my WB Redeye. When I would get on unevern pavement like the center lane of the hiway where the truck groves are it was sketchy AF! Ur toe is off up front likely.

Im betting ur REAR wheels are out of alignment as well as mine were. Unfortunately if u just go to a regular alignment shop ur not gonna get any good results. U need a performance shop that can tweak shit.

Dont let any shop tell u they got it CLOSE. If u dont have any lowering springs or other suspension mods ur shit should be all in GREEN on the alignment print out!